With a applaudable assistance from Damak Municipality Sports Committee, Neo Metamorphosed Youth Club (Nawa Parivartana Youth Club) and Damak Cricket Club are jointly organizing Inter Ward Damak Super Six Tournament. Two days long tournament will commence from March 23.
For a city with zero turf cricket ground, it’s not possible to organize longer format of cricket. To be honest, the situation of cricket in this part of the country is miserable. Despite everything, with no concerned from the administration for this game, senior players take the responsibility themselves and set to run a tournament with long-term vision. The tournament will start with Super Six format for the first edition and is expected to extend incoming edition. Must of us might be familiar with Super Six format, if not then let me take a minute and describe you about this format.
The Laws of Cricket apply in Super Six format
– Games are played between two teams of six players, and each game consists of a maximum of five overs bowled by each side (eight-ball overs in the final match).
– Each member of the fielding side bowls one over, with the exception of the wicket-keeper. Wides and no-balls count as two runs. If five wickets fall before 5 overs are completed, the last remaining batsman bats on with the fifth batsman acting as a runner. He always takes strike.
– The innings is complete when the sixth wicket falls.Batsmen retire not out on reaching 31 runs. The idea is to reach 36 runs by hitting 6 sixes. A retired batsman can return to the crease after lower-order batsmen either retire or are out.A tournament points system awards two points for each match won.
(Pakistan, England, and South Africa are most successful sides in this format with 5 titles respectively).
Stich ball cricket is very rare and exceptional in this part of nation, must of players might not have to get the fortune to touch it. Its all due to lack of ground which assists stitch ball matches. The organizer will run the tournament with the best modification of lone available ground located in middle part of Tea Garden (In front of Army Camp). This tournament carries lots of expectation of Damak’s cricket. Without taking your much time let me present you the tournament more briefly.
With the presumption of addressing more about this tournament, we caught Roshan Thapa, managing director of the tournament.
– Look, realistically speaking there is no any structure of cricket in our city (probably not in our part of the nation). So first and foremost theme is to set benchmark of Damak cricket. Many players within our city are working hard daily and performing their best in darkness. So, we want to gather all those hard-working lads under the same ground and let them show their potential.
What your goal after completion of the tournament?
– There’s no net practice provision in our city. So, we want to set up at least couple of roof in Damak under which players can practice with net’s facility.
So, considering his busy schedule we let him go for this time.
(Note – There are no sufficient stakeholders in this area who are interested in the promotion of this game. So, the tournament is facing sponsor’s problem so if you want to be part of a campaign which tends to produce players from root level then, contact Roshan Thapa – 9842643857/ 9807908995) feel free to inbox us for further inquiry.